Matt's Kagoshima Corner

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fireflies and genki younguns

Couple memories i want to jot down. I'm loving elementary school kids here, they're super into learning English, and these days are actually using it with each other and me after class. "Do you like red? So-So!" Found out that a shocking number of students dont like the color green. Had some excellent rides down at Koigaura today, the road was closed due to more unnecessary consctruction, so I legged it, and thus got to appreciate tons of views, flower smells, and such that I otherwise would never know. waves were perfect. Got my first ride where i dropped onto a wave with this other awesome surfer dropping next to me at the same time, following me. Had to pull some nice moves to shoot down the face or get a board to the ass. The other day I had round two with the Osaki rotary club, they invited me to a firefly viewing that I was initially skeptical about... (they gave me traditional japanese garb and i knew i'd be the only one wearing it, a little strange). The night was surprisingly good though, and we ended up at an izakaya, had pigs feet and other oddities.

1 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger surfnli said...

don't drop in you kook!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home