Matt's Kagoshima Corner

Monday, February 27, 2006

day at Nogami

Caught three wintery days of nice surfing at my boy, nagahama beach. Yesterday quite huge waves, mostly just respected them from a safe distance. Today at Nogami elementary school I played some 7-up, english style, some "on-or-off-the-table," and finished her off with some yellow submarine for teaching colors. Consequently it I got lured in to playing the sukiyaki song on friday at the 6th grade graduation party. Should be good times, a weird meeting of east and west. Also was invited to play soccer with my lunch class, which was fun, and then the funny moment at the end when you realize that it was kindof a slightly formal and planned event to play with me. All of a sudden the kids self-organize into neat rows arm length away from each other, and someone barks the command to face me, and they all bow and formally thank me for joining them in sport. Solid, these kids are the best ever. Planning a trip to Redding, California, if you're in the area give a shout out and lets go hunting or something. More later..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home